Director of Research & Outreach
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Research and Outreach serves as a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting Carson+Co Global. Key responsibilities include providing strategic direction for outreach efforts through the incorporation of informal education and active learning theories and practices. The Director of Research and Outreach may also guide the incorporation of thorough research methodologies (qualitative, quantitative or mixed methods) into internal operations and external client work.
- Craft effective communication and outreach strategies for client projects
- Serve as an account manager for assigned clients
- Manage meetings, communications and task assignments for assigned accounts
- Participate in and contribute to internal strategy and planning meetings
- Work with leadership team to prepare, finalize and review business proposals
- Contribute to business development efforts, outreach and research
- Design and conduct professional development workshops, as needed, for Carson+Co Global team
- Attend local, national and international seminars, webinars, presentations, association meetings, and community meetings as relevant for accounts, and approved by CEO
- Contribute to Carson+Co Global’s mission of furthering client and partner outreach, connections and impacts in the sustainability sector
- Guide development of qualitative research protocols, data collection, ethics and analysis, including but not limited to case studies, focus groups, rubric development, and interviews
- Guide development of quantitative research including survey development and analysis, visualization of data through graphs or other means
- Evaluate research tools and emerging technology that might be applied to research duties
- Maintain an awareness of the goals and accomplishments of Carson+Co Global and of issues within the sustainability communications sector
- Remain current on account-related news and research
- Bachelor’s degree in a communications- or science-related field required, Master’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated success in public outreach, public speaking and/or informal education
- Experience in managing projects and communicating with key stakeholders
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with ‘Director of Research and Outreach’ in the subject line.
C.C. Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.